What is Customer Experience Management?
Customer Experience Management, short CEM or CXM, is a detailed collection of data from any interaction between customers and your company during the entire customer lifecycle. Each of these interactions is tracked, monitored, and meaningfully organized in your CRM system. The goal is a continuous optimization of the customer journey. To achieve this, you need a profitable strategy so that you can maintain and intensify long-term customer relationships.
How important is the customer for your company?
- Every satisfied customer brings at least three more clients.
- An unsatisfied customer tells his negative experience to ten more potential customers.
- The more familiar and satisfied customers are with your company’s services, the higher the resale rate.
- Regular customers are less price-sensitive than new customers.
- Customer-oriented companies can even charge higher prices than their competitors.
- 5% less customer churn can increase a company’s profits by up to 85%.
How do you create a good customer experience with CEM?
CEM (or CXM) requires that you and your entire organization have a 360° view of your customers. With the help of intelligent customer relationship management solutions, you can keep track of your customers’ behavior at all times.
Customer orientation means to orient the entire operational thinking and acting towards the customer, i.e. towards his needs, wishes and problems.
The 3 most important rules!
- Realign your business through inbound marketing!
Instead of trying to discover your customers through outbound marketing, you can let your customers discover you through inbound marketing. Expensive and inefficient outbound marketing only discourages potential customers, as it is more likely to be perceived as annoying and annoying and thus arouses negative associations with your brand. Inbound marketing, however, is the creation of informative content that benefits the interested customer. First of all, it attracts attention and then it sells. By creating a customer journey, you can understand what your customers are interested in and optimize your marketing strategies accordingly.
- Define a new target group!
With the help of your CRM software, for example SugarCRM, you have thoroughly documented every customer movement and it is therefore easy for your marketing experts to determine one or more target groups for your products and services on the basis of all collected data.
- The mentality of customer orientation!
It can be difficult to keep the customer orientation of every department high in fast-growing companies. A clear Customer-Journey-Map helps your company to align strategies so that at any time the customer and therefore the profit are in the foreground.